UPCOMING RACES/EVENTS.....Jan 23--Worst Day of the Year Ride......Jan 30--MMBA Expo.....Feb 20 Chili Ride....Mar.26.2011 Barry-Roubaix.......Mar.27.2011 Fisk Knob Time Trial.....Sundays, Mar.27-Apr 17 AAVC Spring Training Series....... Apr 16 Ragin' Raisin Dirt Classic..........

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Session two and I'm still feelin the love

Session #2 of 'yoga for cyclists' is complete. Let me start by saying, I'm not a a traditional yoga person. Heck, I'm not the kind of person you'd like to see in a yoga class. As a matter of fact I almost got kicked out one time because I was laughing and playing around too much. Yoga's not generally my thing. That said, I was intrigued when I found out there was a class "Yoga for Cyclists". So I persuaded Laura J to come along for the ride....two people who would rather giggle through a class than try to hold the pose and say "OOMMMMMM".

So off Laura and I went to "Yoga for Cyclists" Monday the 7th. Of course I got singled out right away...likely because I sat front and center at the first class and I made Laura start cracking up. The reason: Ms. Shelley, our instructor, was watching this out of shape work-a-holic shaking like a leaf trying to hold a perfect plank and says to me "If you feel yourself shaking while holding this pose, you can rest". What I heard in my head was KC and the Sunshine Band's "Shake Shake Shake Your Bootie" and started to laugh . . . out loud - ooops - not exactly "OOOOMMMMM"

I never thought of myself as 'tight' but apparently I am - so Ms. Shelley has made it her personal mission to get me in peak form for spring cycling. She is a gentle soul, strong and tiny and apparently very good at what she does, because I went back to class this week, without my trusty side-kick, Laura (who is in Alabama cycling) and had a great workout. I'm a total convert.

The class was great and I'm pretty surprised by my flexibility in one week. So try it - you might just become a convert.

No comments:

Post a Comment